Originally, The Bungalow belonged to Shagbrook, a Victorian residence. It was converted from a small brick storehouse into a two roomed dwelling with scullery in the 1930’s. The cart track remains and leads on towards the blue, tree-lined, once exotic Pleasure Garden, around the Reigate Stone lined pond, past the laurel patch and a wonderful, mature apple tree, up to paddocks and a shelter belt of Corsican pines. The orchard was eroded with all other established UK orchards in the 70’s. The woodland also holds mature trees like oaks, willows, lime, Otto Luyken English Laurel, rhododendron.